Thursday, 30 August 2012

Lately

The end of summer always makes me feel a little lonely.  My babies are still little and don't have to plan for "back to school" yet I still feel like something is making me lonesome...every year.  So this year we have been staying extra, extra busy.  Lots of baking/cooking/eating to make ourselves feel cosy.  Then after the eating there's been lots of exercising!  Seriously... 

So here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately;


Starting with blueberries!  I think we may have gone a little overboard when we went picking.  The baby eats them for every meal.  I hope that's ok! 


This pie looks really good.  And as it bakes it's smelling pretty tasty.  Recipe from here.  Although I made a few tweaks.  The crust is super crumbly so I'll let you know how it comes out.

 
Our little blueberry monster.  I wonder if that's why her eyes are so blue :)
 
 
 
Moving on to figs.  I've never cooked with them before but we were looking for a summery dinner and this was perfect!  Whole wheat pasta, figs, goat cheese and spinach.  Too good!
 
 
 
 
 
We've also been making our own buttons and beads.  The beads are for Hazel to string.  She's very much enjoying making her own jewelry, however that usually means that I do most of the stringing.  Her little fingers are still a little small.  And the buttons we are going to use in some fall clothing that I plan to whip up for the girls soon.  
 

So here we are just trying to stay busy and have fun.  Maybe some of my lonely feeling this year is the fact that we are so far from home.  I wish everyday that I could see my family whenever I want, just like before.  But we have to take what we've been dealt!  And a promotion is a good thing...right? 

PS...I am so new to blogging...does anyone have any insight into why the first two pics in this post can be made larger but the ones to follow could not be?  Weird!

PPS I love comments so if you read this will you please make a quick comment that you were here?  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment