Wednesday, 26 September 2012

WIP

Today I am linking up with Freshly Pieced for a work in progress post.  I was hoping that by posting here it would get my booty in gear to sit down and get to work.  It's been slow going.  My parents were here visiting last week, which was wonderful!  And now this week I am a bit down.  But I have done a tiny bit of sewing, which always lifts me up.

Photos are not the best this week. iPhone photos don't tend to be, I guess.
 
 
 
Once again I am cutting and ironing, ironing and cutting.  Still working on my hollie hobby quilt.  I'm hoping it's finished by Christmas.  I'm really not sure what the deal is but my measuring always seems to be off.  So I have to figure out how to piece it now without all the blocks being the same size. 
 
 
My husband says I'm a messy cook.  I must be a messy crafter as well.  I like to get all my cutting done and then put the fabric away.  Nothing wrong with that, right?
 


 
My daughter was very sad when grammy and grampa left.  So while she was at school yesterday I whipped up a little felt girl for her.  She was waiting in bed for Hazel last night.  Here she is waving out the window to her friends. 

And that's it for this WIP.  I have tons of ideas in my head for new projects.  Sometimes I get a little anxious about all the ideas that I have and how I want to start them all right away.  Does this ever happen to you?  Thanks for the comments, I love reading them!

3 comments:

  1. That happens to me all the time! I try to stop myself from starting too many things at once though, sometimes I succeed, sometimes not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get so caught up in the thought process that I can never actually get going! Today is the day.

      Delete
  2. Hubby doesn't like it when I sit in the living room to do my cutting.
    I even bring one of the folding tables out of my craft room right in to the middle of the living room....where it stays until my cutting is done.

    ReplyDelete