Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Lately

Lately we have been trying to stay busy.  Lately we have been trying not to miss daddy.  Lately we have been doing our best to get along and treat each other gently.  This of course being hard for one toddler and one pre-schooler!  But here is a small look at what we have been doing lately;

 
I didn't take any pictures of this quilt while it was in progress.  We call it the bird quilt.  I am really into color right now as you'll see from the rest of this post.  Lots of rainbow themes here as well.  This is just a small lap quilt.  It's getting cold here fast so I tried to whip this up quickly.  Some of the scraps are recycled maternity clothes!  And the purple around the edge is a sling that I used for my first daughter.  Here she is trying to help.  Ha! Makes me laugh every time I look at this picture.
 
 
And in other news we have been busy with lots of kid crafting.  This fall tree is an idea I got from pinterest.  I love it!  I think we'll make one for each season.  I painted the trunk and Hazel added the leaves.
 
 
And the final product!
 
 
Wowza the colorin on this one is odd.  But you get the picture.  I enjoy finding projects that my three year old and I can do together.  I love art projects and she always wants to join in but sometimes it is just so difficult.  This is one project we feel proud to have done together.
 
Here's another that we recently finished.  It's a sun catcher.  We used a clear picture frame, some good old Elmer's glue and little gems.  Hazel mainly did this project herself.  Gluing the little bits of glass was easy and it was dry by the next day! Looks even prettier when the sun is out.  But sunshine is rare lately.
 

 
 

 


 

4 comments:

  1. Love that sun catcher! What a cute project, we'll have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and really easy. We have plans to make another for the bathroom. Let me know if you make one!

      Delete
  2. What great ideas! I love doing crafts with my grandkiddies :) The quilt turned out cool too- bright colors are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't you just love pinterest for ideas for kids craft ideas! Love your tree. That is really cool. I must remember that one for home or playgroup! & the sun catcher is awesome. I must find me some glass beads... Last but not least, the bird quilt looks terrific! Good job on that & well done to your helper for helping. I have 2 boys almost the same ages, so I understand all that! lol

    ReplyDelete