Thursday, 6 December 2012

Vintage Christmas and crafting

Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite Christmasy things.  We have two homes to decorate this year since we are spending half of December in Canada.  Christmas and New Years will be spent in Maine.  So I've decided to decorate our "Canada house" with vintage decorations, which I have found to be very expensive!  But here are some of my favorites...are you a vintage fan too?


Not even sure I can bring myself to hang these...what if they get smashed?  We do have two little sets of hands in this house!

Just found the following at the local thrift shop.  Makes me so happy!  I could look at it all day.  Cheesy, I know.

 
This little hand made gnome dates back to the 50's.  A little creepy, yes?
 
 
I guess my style would be creepy gnomes/elves!  Found at the thrift store.
 
 
Elfie story found here
 
 
Our current favorite Christmas read. We found this one on Amazon for 1 penny!
 
 
My vintage inspired dolls for the girls' Christmas gifts.  Still plenty of work on these two.  The idea of adding hair makes me a wee bit nervous!
 
 
The dolls were the easy part but the dresses are starting to stress me out.  I have remade this dress twice.  Fortunately they are small!
 
 
 That's all for today!  Are you ready for Christmas?  Are you making anything special?  I would love to hear about it!

5 comments:

  1. ugh - tiny things are so hard for my fingers to sew. Your dress looks darling, though and I love the fabric! (Also love the patchwork in the background of a few of your shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I love the dress fabric but hopefully I won't ruin it before it's all said and done. And that patchwork, another headache! In a good way!

      Delete
  2. I love all your little vintage mercury glass and little elves. I too cannot go past pretty christmas vintage decorations at the op shop (hard to find too!). Your dollies are coming along beautifully and I do love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty easy to find vintage decor at our thrift shops but my oh my is it expensive! Enjoy the season!

      Delete
  3. I love all your thrift store finds! You cannot find awesome kitchiness like that out here.

    ReplyDelete