Wednesday, 13 February 2013

In Progress

I must be having a low motivation week due to it being February.  Can I blame an entire month for causing me to feel lazy and preferring to be cuddled under a blanket reading a book than making anything?  Actually I have been busy, preparing for a trip and increasing our workouts to five times per week.  I did do a little quilting though.

I'm participating in the block of the month with Alyssa at Pile O' Fabrics.  I'm finding that I love the quilt as you go method.  It's so nice to have a completed sandwich before moving on to the next portion of the quilt.  But I am experiencing angst over the free motion quilting.  I've never done it before and I'm not sure it will ever be "my thing."  I'll show you why...I do believe I'm having major tension issues.



I like the effect of fmq on the front of the block.  I'm not going to rip all this work out, I guess I'll never look at the back when it's completed!



Maybe I should really blame my lack of motivation on the state of my sewing room.  It doesn't always look so horrendous!  My girls get in there and woah!  The place becomes destroyed!


What are you working on this week?

5 comments:

  1. Dropped by from WIP Weds. I'm doing the Skill Builder BOM too. I've been too busy so far to fmq my blocks, at least that's my excuse! Love your choice of colours and your backing fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you done any fmq before? It's scary!

      Delete
  2. I like the color palette you have going on in that block! As far as angst and tension issues - I have been there! Whenever I find my machine is acting up I stop, take everything apart (i.e. unthread, pull out the bobbin, etc) then slowly go back over it step by step and then play with the tension on a scrap sandwich until I get it right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tried that...but I did hear another suggestion which is that I may be pulling on the piece too much. I'll figure it out I guess! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete