Friday, 22 February 2013

Off and away

Hi there!  I'm not sure if anyone has been here....wondering where we are.  But it's been one trying week.  We drove from Canada to Maine in record time, 8.5 hours.  We are here so we can visit with my family before catching a flight to Florida for our first vacation as a family of four.  Many plans include visiting my mother in law and sister in law.  However, while packing for our trip we got a phone call....  A phone call no one ever wants to answer...

My sister in law was found dead in her driveway.  We don't yet know what happened.  But my mother in law who has dementia is now alone.  I don't know either lady well but Janet my s-i-l was a very caring woman, who had a tough life.  It's sad...

I'm dissapointed with myself though.  I understand that we need to attend to my m-i-l and I understand we need to find a place for pets to live.  And I understand we need to get her house ready and listed to sell.  But all of this must happen during our dream vacation.  I'm sad for my little girls because this was a trip we planned for THEM.  I'm sad for myself because we won't be able to spend all this time together, having fun, just us four.  And I'm sad for my husband because he must be feeling that his wife is selfish for all of these feelings. 

So I just wanted to let you know (if you are out there reading) that I am still around.  But will be taking it easy the next couple of weeks!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment