Monday, 11 February 2013

The Blizzard!

Well we certainly got our fair share of snow!  It started Friday night and didn't end until Sunday night.  And with the driveway we have there was absolutely no way we were going anywhere.  So we hunkered down and had a really restful, and actually peaceful weekend.  I'm not sure how much snow we got but I would guess about 20 inches, there was enough blowing that we now have large drifts blocking some of our doors.


 
 
 
The following picture is just about the same view as here.  We couldn't see the bridge all weekend.
 
 
 

We will be traveling to much warmer weather soon. So I took time this weekend to do some "vacation sewing" and "vacation organizing."  I just love skirts in warm weather.  Much nicer than bunchy shorts.  So I decided I would use an older skirt as a pattern and here's a peek at what I came up with.


I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I'm hoping power is restored to everyone that lost it and you are once again warm and cozy.  I'll be back with WIP wednesday. 

2 comments:

  1. glad you are safe and with power! Love the skirt so cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! More snow last night..ugh!

      Delete