Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Wonky WIP

Seems as though whenever I have plans to make a quilt I always tend to go a little big.  I haven't even made very many quilts but the ones I have made are usually bed sized.  I tend to wonder why others are able to get so much sewing done.  Probably because they aren't choosing HUGE projects everytime.  I think I'm learning my lesson.

This is a tumbler quilt I've been working on for a while.  It's enormous.  I haven't measured it yet but as you can see it is draped all over our giant dining room table.


I collected vintage sheets for a while.  Fortunately there are usually many beautiful vintage sheets at the local thrift store.  This quilt is super soft in color and in feel.  I'm hand quilting it.  Unfortunately I had some trouble matching points but I'm just happy it's even put together.

 
The one problem (if you can even call it that) is vintage sheets are so big that I'll never use up all the fabric. 
 



I've also been working on a much smaller wonky star quilt.  It will probably be for one of my little girls but there may be a fight over it.





The large star will be the center block, it also has a vintage sheet for the center.  Hopefully I'll have this finished within the next week. 


Thanks for visiting!  I always love your comments even if I'm unable to get back to you! 

5 comments:

  1. Your wonky stars are so inspireing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they are fun!

      Delete
  2. Love your stars! And the tumblers are pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect to me :) Love the colors and the piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara - your fussy cuts are gorgeous for the wonky stars. Have you done many projects with vintage sheets? i'm really interested in trying them, but i wondered if you had any advice for buying them? i really love the feel of your tumbler quilt and your hand quilting looks great! it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete