Friday, 9 August 2013

Is Summer Ending?

No!!  It feels like summer is coming to an end....the weather has changed, we are done traveling for a few weeks and I've started sewing again (just a little).  I wanted to share a finish that took all summer long.  Considering it's not a huge project, this took way too long.

But here it is, my Wonky Stars quilt


That center star is actually purple, it looks kind of black here.  It's on the small side at about 40"x40"
Perfect for my daughter's crib. 



I used a striped fabric for the binding.  I didn't really like it before I put it on the quilt...but once the whole thing was complete those stripes pulled everything together.



For the quilting I outlined heach star a couple of times.  I used a metallic, multicolor thread which is so much fun for a little girl quilt.  The background fabric is a grayish color, not sure of the line.


The back is fun too!  The quilting really shows on the solid fabric. 




Perfect for my tiny birthday girl!

5 comments:

  1. Great quilt, I love the wonky starts with the cute centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonky stars and fussy cut prints. What a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Its quite stunning! And I think the striped binding is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the echo quilting on this! And the striped binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love those wonky stars and the quilting around them!

    ReplyDelete