Monday, 30 September 2013

Slowing

Slowing down, it's what we've done for two amazing weeks.  A horrible flight leads to a wonderful trip.  Less connection with the outside world and more connection with each other.  More hugs, less tears.  More sun, less time spent within four walls. 

More time spent gazing at rainbows.
 

More time creating together.
 


More time completely alone.
 


More time with our toes in the sand.
 


I find myself filled to the brim with happiness from our recent time away.  But slowly as we return to our routine I feel it coming.  I feel the tension creeping in, the long hours of nothingness being filled.  My shoulders rise ever so slightly with tension.  Why does the peacefulness have to end? 

Right now my goal is to feel the calm and restoration and learn how to keep that with us, all year long.  Or at least until the next vacation fills us up again!


No comments:

Post a Comment