Monday, 7 October 2013

Thrifty

Rainy day thrifting is the best.  Hot cup of coffee in hand, a wee one in the cart and off we go! 
Our house in Maine is really a tiny, two bedroom cottage by the sea.  Right now we are not here much since my husband is still working in Canada and we are starting the process of a large renovation.  But I've had some ideas for this sweet little home for a while now.  I love anything vintage and it works well here.

There is a tiny corner in the kitchen that I just love.  And besides the microwave, which needs to stay in it's place, I think I've spruced up the spot with some thrifty touches.  I wish I had taken some before shots, but it just looked boring.  Everything in the picture below was either thrifted or given to me! 

(Rainy day lighting)
 
My most recent find is the Ernie cookie jar.  Honestly I never really use a cookie jar, but with two little girls in the house I couldn't resist!  I guess I'll start hiding treats in there!
The "fruit bowl" was passed on to me by my mother.

 
 
The pink mugs are Glasbake and the white with blue diamonds is Anchorhocking FireKing.  I found all five of these in the same day.  Actually the store was loaded with Glasbake, FireKing and Pyrex and for some foolish reason I assumed this particular store would always have a good supply.  NOT so!  I should have scooped it all up. 
 


 
This little lady is a soup server.  I don't think I'll ever use it in the intended way.
 
 




And these colorful bottles were given to me.  I really like the seaglass colors.

 
That's it.  My favorite little corner of this tiny little house!  Unfortunately the girls and I will be leaving for Canada on Friday.  Excited to see hubby/daddy though.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I love your comments and hopefully I'll have a WIP soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I picked up one of those pink square mugs and gave it to my daughter! I look for old kitchen ware whenever I'm out and about, you just never know what you might fine. Love your shelves!!

    ReplyDelete