Thursday, 31 October 2013

WIP

A day late for the linky parties I like to join up with.  But I thought I would visit with you all anyhow.  Halloween for our two little girls is very exciting.  So we've had a busy week decorating and preparing costumes.  I've had little time for sewing but I'm always thinking about it.

Here's what I've been up to:

My one and only niece will be graduating High School this year and hopefully will be on her way to college.  I would love for her to take along a quilt that's full of love.  So this will be her Christmas present.  She is completely girly so pink will work and to make it a little more edgy and not so little girlish I'll be adding some gray.


The following two pictures are for a Christmas swap that I've joined for the second year.  It's a lot of fun and anything handmade qualifies.  Find out more details at Marigold's Loft


 
Visit back here soon to find out how I took this moth eaten sweater and turned it into something warm and cozy.  It's made of cashmere so had to be upcycled!


 Unfortunately my favorite work in progress at the moment is buried in this mess.  The medallion quilt that I am working on couldn't be more enjoyable.  I find it very boring to make the same types of blocks over and over again for a quilt.  So adding different borders to a medallion quilt really mixes things up and keeps it enjoyable.


I guess my the sorry state of my sewing room I better clean up a bit before moving on to actually sewing.  I'm so ashamed!

8 comments:

  1. ha ha, yea, it's messy. That's what mine looks like until I want to take a picture. In all honesty, though, I like to clean up at the end of a big project, even vacuum! Problem though, when you're ADD, you just hop from the middle of one project to the 5 others you have going on :)

    Don't forget that most college mattresses are longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh vacuuming feels so good! And thank you for the note on longer mattresses, I had forgotten that. Why is it that they are longer anyhow?!

      Delete
  2. cashmere definitely needs to be upcycled! good call. oh, that's not too messy. you should see mine. =) even after cleaning it last week, there was a costume-making marathon that went on until the last minute, so it's still trashed today. and I do mean trashed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like it this way, secretly! Lol! Good for you on making costumes!

      Delete
  3. Your medallion quilt looks so bright and happy! kudos to you on the upcycle too!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Funny thing I wasn't going to bright on this one, but it always happens!

      Delete
  4. Messy seems to be the normal state of things around my place too. Even when I clean up I feel like it is still rather messy because why put away things I'm getting out later that day? Enjoy working on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I can keep it behind closed doors, well accept for all those loose threads that make it to the Reston the house! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete