Friday, 22 November 2013

Lately..

Once again we are preparing for a trip.  Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go...  Thanksgiving is next Thursday and my family is eagerly awaiting our arrival.  However, with snow in the forecast and high winds we may have to be more flexible on our timing.

But even before we celebrate Thanksgiving at home, the Canadians here have begun to prepare for Christmas.  And I guess we have too...


 We were fortunate to attend two Christmas parades this past weekend.


I don't usually have a tree here in Canada because we celebrate in the US but this tree was "found" in our neighbors yard.  He had recently cut it down and we scooped it up!

 My hubby is so sweet;


 
Have you ever dipped fall leaves in beeswax to preserve them?  We did, and then made a garland with the leaves.  It smells wonderful!

 


Our newest family member is a guinea pig named Teeny Little Super Guy.  Named after a Sesame Street Character from the 70s.  We love him...but yesterday he mistook my finger for a carrot and nearly bit it off!  Today, I am unable to do any hand sewing which I had intended to do!


Do you save all your fabric scraps?  Do you ever do anything with them?  I find that when I don't really feel like working on any of the projects I have going, I like to take my tiny crumbs of fabric and sew them together.  Maybe eventually they will make one large quilt!



Baby it's cold outside!  We've been spending most of our time inside lately.  Little girls seem to have a thing against the cold.  At least mine do, I like walks in the cold and they detest it.  I like riding bikes, blowing bubbles, making fairy houses in the cold and they whine.  So I guess we are in hibernation mode...maybe the grandparents will get them out!

 
What have you been up to lately?  Sewing, baking, projects, travel?  Are you ready for the holidays?  If you are celebrating Thanksgiving next week, I wish you happy and safe holiday!


1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet musings. Thanks for hopping over to my blog. Safe travels to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete