Monday, 2 December 2013

I Love Finishes!

This project was a bit more in detail than I thought it would be.  Meaning it took way longer than I had assumed it would.  So worth it though.  It's a pattern I designed myself and is appliqued, not pieced.


My sister and I have a bit of an obsession with glamping.  Glamorous camping is not something I'm really into BUT one of my dreams is to eventually buy old campers and renovate them and then rent them out. 

This little pillow is my first complete Christmas gift for this year.  It's for my sister, but I really want to keep it.


I used a web like interfacing for each little piece, which made them much easier to handle.  Some of the stitching was done by hand but most of it is machine sewn.  Hand sewing something like this would have taken me a really long time.

 
The back is made with glamping fabric.  I love it and have been holding on to it for a while.  This is the first envelope backing I've done and thought it would be difficult.  It was a breeze!


 
I hope she loves it just as much as I do.  I'll have to wait until the holidays are over and make another for myself. 
 
How is your Christmas list coming along?  


25 comments:

  1. love the pillow and the camper is cute! My list is coming along, nothing has to be knitted for Christmas only if I want to knit it. That makes it no pressure for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to like just a little pressure. Keeps things exciting around here!

      Delete
  2. How cute...what a fun little pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling. I love the drapes in the window. I still need to go to the post office to mail a present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute!! I love your dream of fixing up campers and then renting them out. Brilliant! Oh and I adore an envelope back. Mostly cuz they're easy as pie;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy! I was always nervous about doing them! Thanks for swinging by!

      Delete
  5. So Sweet, I can see why you would want to keep it. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love it. That's a great idea about renovating old campers too! That would be fun! You could sew up cute little curtains for the windows of them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have big plans for campers! Lol thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  7. This is super cute. I love the extra little something the bunting adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needed the bunting for sure! Thanks!

      Delete
  8. This is such a cute cushion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll have to make more.

      Delete
  9. That is a fabulous cushion! Love the glamping theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love anything glamping related! Hehe!

      Delete
  10. Too darn cute! I have a ton of Glamping fabric left over from my Glamping quilt - I'm going to be making pillows and lately I've been pinning a bunch of little trailer mug rugs and pillows - I've got some of each in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pillow! my family travel for our work and we all live in R.V's mine is newer big one with a garage in the back,, for sewing! my daughter has bought a smaller older camper and we are redoing it to her liking... some day I want to buy myself a small one and re do in shabby vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds cool! Yes a shabby vintage style would be the way I would redo it as well.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful pillow! It makes me want to make one immediately. Amazing detail....seriously great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! It was fun to make!

      Delete
  13. Oh, that is such adorable pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun little pillow! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the glamping fabric - it's a favorite of mine! And I long to be a glamper myself. I would LOVE to have a renovated trailer. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete