Monday, 13 January 2014

On Healthy Habits

One of my new year's resolutions is the most common of all resolutions...to lose weight.  I have two little girls and while pregnant with the first I gained 60 lb.!!  I enjoyed almost anything that I wanted, such a bad move.  I lost only 30 of those pounds before having baby number two.  I was much healthier the second time around, simply ate smarter. 

But now, two and a half years after my last child was born I still would like to lose 30 lb.  It's hard!  I've never been over weight in my life.  I had always lead a very active life with running, swimming and tennis.  Never did I need to worry about what I ate.  I've even run a marathon (pre-baby).  Since my second child was born I've attempted to get back into running again and also attempted to eat very clean.  But I always tend to slide backwards and the pounds never budge.  So instead of counting pounds anymore, which is so frustrating I'm going to base progress on how I feel and how my clothes fit and every now and then jump on the scale.  But I definitely don't want to stress out over it. 

I have a major sweet tooth and always have.  I think it's become an addiction.  So I'm going to start my healthy habits by finding sweets recipes that might actually be good for me!  And at the same time I'm going to start including as many veggies/fruits into my day as possible.  I don't eat a lot of processed food but just really have a sweet tooth!

I would like to eat less of this;

 
And more of this;
 
 
One way I would like to keep myself accountable is to do a What I Ate Wednesday post each week. 
 
Starting this Wednesday I will document with pictures what I've eaten for the day and then Thursday of each week I'll write a post about it. 
 
 I would love it if you would join along.  Maybe write a post yourself and link to your post in the comments section here.  Seeing other people make healthy choices is very motivating.  I can't promise I'll do this every week but will try my hardest!  I'm also interested to see how this experiment works when I go on vacation in three weeks.  There will probably be lots of pictures of wine, cheese and chocolate.  Oh no!
 
What do you think?  Will you join me?  Please?!  Now I'm begging!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals! I, too, have a serious sweet tooth - okay, I'll call it what it is: sugar addiction : P I did a sugar detox two years ago, and it was amazing how sweet something like a glass of milk tasted after even just a week off sugar products! While I haven't followed a hardcore sugar avoidance diet since, it definitely was a great jump start to paying more attention and now our family eats a whole food diet, so tons of sugar is cut out automatically by not eating processed foods. I still have the sugar detox materials if you want to take a look at them. Hope you're off to a great start this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the materials you have? I would be interested, I've done a lot of reading on the Internet. I know all the right things to do...it's just doing it that's the hard part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this and sent you an email with the links : )

      Delete