Wednesday, 15 January 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Two days of dietary changes has made a big difference.  No changes in appearance of course but more importantly changes internally.  A healthier attitude being one change.  I'm not going to analyze  my food choices to death, because really I can't go backward in time and make new choices.  But the one thing I think I would have changed for today was to add a bit more protein.  I felt too hungry!

Join me next Wednesday?  This is what I ate today;

I forgot the morning photo.  It was an almond meal muffin, and cup of coffee with cream.  Followed by a huge class of water and vitamins!

Lunch!  I enjoy lots of different things I salads.  That is jicama on the greens.  I also had a dollop of hummus.



Afternoon snack, just a nibble




 Dinner was a delicious gluten free pizza.  I've never done gluten free but it was good.  I only had one piece with a spinach salad I did not get a picture of.


5 comments:

  1. Looks great. My husband and I are eating better too. Some days we succeed more than others. I found I have to have some kind of protein for breakfast or I am hungry all day. A smoothie with protein powder worked today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein seems to be the key to staying full longer. Had eggs today but they just never settle right! Hoping I can stick with it, we go on vacation in two weeks.

      Delete
  2. looks delicious! my sister is gf and she makes the best gf pizza from scratch :) I've been on a salad kick this week and I've felt way way better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to get the proportions right for gf, it seems. This was really good though! All these salads and today I've noticed my skin looking a bit healthier! A good sign!

      Delete
  3. Have you heard of cauliflower pizza crust? Just curious. I have yet to try it, but a lot of my GF free friends rave about it as an alternative. And I agree, protein at breakfast keeps me from snacking right afterward.

    ReplyDelete