Thursday, 23 January 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Being accountable for what I eat is really paying off.  A couple weeks into my clean way of eating and I'm feeling great!  But oh the salads can get boring.  I definitely need to look into healthy recipes and do some preparing for snacks.

Yesterday was not the best meal day.  I was supposed to go out with the whole family for my nephews birthday dinner.  Just as we were leaving my two year old had a meltdown.  I felt bad but decided we needed to skip the party.  She was mad and frustrated as was I.  There may have been tears from us both.  As a result we ate boxed Mac and Cheese for dinner!  Yuck, I know.  I haven't eaten it in years and eew I really wasn't missing anything!

Here's how the day went:
 
Steel cut oats and a bit too much maple syrup!  Mmm

Kale chips for lunch as well as cashews and an apple




2 comments:

  1. can you have too much maple syrup? I wonder ;) Mac and cheese is better from scratch but even then it's not very healthy I guess. I would have loved some of your kale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sneaks off to my sewing room to nosh while I get to work ; ) I've been on a huge kale soup kick lately! I never think to have it just as salad, but I'll have to try when it warms up this spring.

    ReplyDelete